Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Transitions



This is our front yard at the moment, part winter and part spring. If you enlarge the photo, you can see both snow and plants popping up on brown dirt.  This is the perfect photo of my life at the moment.  Part in the past, my mind becomes filled with the memories of working outside of the home with lots of things to do after work - and part in the present, retired, easy going, trying to find my way with the talents and gifts that I have been given by God.  

There have been lots of transitions in my life, after all Hubby was in the Air Force for 8 years and we moved a lot.  Then of course we had children with all the after school business that comes with kids.  Add a full time job, church functions, friends, moving a few more times and don't get me started on the aging process and what surprises cancer drops on a person and there have been a lot of transitions.  With each change, with each transition, Hubby and I took it one day at a time.  This retirement transition is the same thing.  

Are you in transition? How is your transition going?  What is your transition?  Don't panic, just take it one day at a time and remember that you have had other transitions in your life.  So far you have overcome them all.  That's a great record!! 

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. My husband plans on retiring a year from now. We will definitely have transitions to go through and I'm starting to worry about our future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are enjoying the transition to full retirement. There are always monetary concerns but we both trust in our Lord and Savior to see us through! I am a cancer survivor, by the way! What a great word - survivor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My biggest transition is right now happening to me. My husband is 20 years my senior, which didn't matter 30 years ago. In recent years the after effects of his exposure to Agent Orange have badly effected his health. Last year he lost part of his foot. He's also had strokes, and he has changed so much. I've become a full time care giver and that is tough. But I love my husband, and I believe in our marriage vows. But some days I get so tired.
    I'm also a cancer survivor, and as Terri says Survivor is a great word. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete