Wednesday, March 21, 2018

SPRING OF A HODGEPODGE!



Oh what a beautiful Hodgepodge that Joyce created for all of us to enjoy.  

1. On this first official day of spring tell us something (besides the weather) you're looking forward to in this season of the year.

I want to try gardening again this year.  Last summer Hubby planted a few veggies in containers for us to have a container garden.  However, my health was not very good and we didn't keep it up. This year, I feel better and really want to see if we can keep the plants alive.  So gardening is what I'm looking forward to this year.

2. When it comes to spring cleaning would you rather wash windows or wash baseboards? Clean out closets or clean out the garage? Dust ceiling fans or dust bookcases? Wipe down the patio furniture outside or wipe down the light fixtures inside? Any of these tasks recently completed?

I love to spring clean!  I know it sounds funny, most people want to get the cleaning done, but I really do enjoy opening the windows and letting the winter muck flow out and the spring air come in.  I would rather clean out the closets, dust celling fans, wipe down the patio furniture outside and none of these are done.  We still have snow on the deck and the pellet stove is still running.  So we wait. 

3. Your favorite thing to make/eat that calls for cream cheese? Sour cream? Whipped cream?

I guess I'm a simple person, toast with cream cheese, baked potato with sour cream and hot coco with whipped cream.  

4. I read here a list of commonly mispronounced words. What is a word that gives you trouble when it comes to pronunciation?
Just about any of my cancer drugs!  I don't know why the powers that be can't name drugs "Sue", "Charles" or something easy to say but they don't. The drugs have several syllables and odd sounding names.  

5. What's a song you love with the word 'rain' in the title or lyrics?

"Singing in the rain."  I love that song! And the dance that goes with it. 

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

I love having it lighter in the evening but I still can't get use to waking up to darkness.  I really like waking up to a sunrise or better yet, the sun already shinning into the bedroom. I'm happy that winter is in the past and that Spring is here.  Hello There!!!







7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the weather change - love the light at night, not so much darkness in the morning. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - the spring weather, even with rain, is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your gardening endeavor is a success! I'm so glad you're feeling better :)
    Yes, the time change has my body clock confused, too. I hope spring finds its way to your house, soon, so you can open up those windows!
    Have a great day,
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn it is so nice to see you in this week's Hodgepodge! I hope you get to that gardening just as soon as all the crazy snow melts. It's chilly here today (for SC in March) but will warm up again by the weekend. I love Singin' in the Rain too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed at your answer to number 4. My life with you is joy and laughter. Welcome back to the blogosphere. No where...No time...No one...but you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you are feeling better this year. I picked the same song! I agree, I'm usually up with the sun too and it just feels strange this year to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mom has started a garden at her house. She has already planted the onions and carrots. My little boy is excited about it and helping her with it.

    ReplyDelete