Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Summertime, and the living is easy........

From this Side of the Pond

Thank you Joyce for the questions. These were hard this week.  Here are my answers. 

1. Security or freedom? Can you have both? Explain.
Yes, but only if you are willing to participate in the process.  By that I mean, vote, get involved, learn the facts and be civil in the process.  It's ok to disagree, it's not ok to be mean in the process.  If you refuse to be part of the solution, then you don'd deserve either security or freedom and will loose both.

2. If you could visit any historical American site what would it be? Why?
I think it would be Washington DC.  That's were our history is.  

3. Free as a bird, free reign, be free of, free enterprise, free trip, walk away scot free, free for all...which 'free' phrase can best be applied to your life in recent days or weeks? Explain.
Be free of side affects from the most recent chemo routine.  It feels good to not be sick from the very thing that is suppose to make you feel better.  

4. Something in your frig that's red? Something in your house that's white? Something in your view that's blue?
Watermelon in the frig, white paint around door frames, and a blue sign on the wall that says " The Day God Made Dogs, He Just Sat Down and Smiled.

5. July 27th is National New Jersey Day. Have you ever visited The Garden State? If so where did you go? Are there diners where you live? Have you tried Taylor Pork Roll? Do you like to play Monopoly? Salt water taffy-yay or nay? How do you feel about shopping at the mall? Springsteen, Sinatra, or Bon Jovi-you have to pick one.
We have driven through the state but we never really stopped and visited the state.  
Yes we have a small diner in our town, it's called Chiggy's Place. Very good food and great coffee
No never had a Taylor Pork Ross
No do not like to play Monopoly
Nay to Salt water taffy
Hate shopping at the mall
I would pick Sinatra

Raise your hand if you know why these add-on questions are appropriate on 
National NJ Day.
My hand is raised!  I got it!

6. Insert your own random thought here.
I had a stomach bug, it was terrible, but it was no worse than what anyone else would get so that was wonderful!  My immune system is still holding strong!  

4 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your immune system is hearty and behaving as it should. Wonderful response to #1 … particularly your last sentence. Lots of similarities to my own take on all things Jersey. Love to see that you're a 'dog person' as well … that's a cute quote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for your good immune system! We both picked Sinatra!! I so enjoy reading everyone's answers on Hodgepodge day! Wishing you a wonderful rest of the week, into the one ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer for #1. I like you blue sign. Hope you are feeling better now. Take care and God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say "AMEN" to your answer to question #3. I am glad you are over your stomach bug. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers. I love you, but you knew that. Happy Aniversary, my love!

    ReplyDelete