Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Last Day of Spring Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond
1. Summer is upon us this week in the Northern hemisphere. Tell us three things on your summer bucket list.

1. Reclaim the grass!  Hubby has done the mowing for the past few years, which was wonderful of him to do since I couldn't but I love working on my lawn.  He didn't feed the lawn much and so over the past few years, the lawn looks neglected and now looks terrible!  Now that I'm feeling stronger, I have taken back the job of lawn care and am starting over to reclaim it and make it look FABULOUS!  It will be better next year because of all the work I'm going to put into it this year.  



2. Arcadia National Park in Maine!  I love this place and want badly to go back to it for a day, or better yet a weekend.  It's just beautiful up there.  


3. See more Baseball games.  We have a local team ( New Hampshire Fisher Cats) up here and the ballpark is nice.  We have gone to one game, but I would like to go a few more times for a Date Night.

2. Something fun you used to do as a kid in the summertime?

There was a local pond that we could walk to and go swimming.  There was a life guard on duty of course and a place where you could change your clothes and get a hot dog, chips and even ice cream if you wanted.  My girl friend, Sue, and I would walk down, spend the entire day (without adult supervision) and stop on the way back to get a soft serve ice cream from the small stand on the walk home.  It took us just a few minutes to walk there and back and we stayed the entire day.  Both of us were blond, light skinned girls so we never tanned - we burned - but loved swimming all day.  

3. Rooftop or backyard? Why?


 I can't remember ever going to a rooftop party but have been to lots of backyard parties.  I love being at those.  It gave me a chance to sit in the sun, visit others and even stick my feet in the kiddy pool to cool off.  I guess I could do that on a rooftop party but something about walking barefoot on the grass is just so soothing to the soul. 

4. Do you read food labels? Place importance on them? Make an effort to find out/care about where your food comes from?

For foods that I always get all the time, no, I don't look at the label.  But new things? Oh Yes I do!!  I need to know what I'm putting in my body for lots of reasons but mixing "things" I can't pronounce and Chemo drugs can be a real probblem so I look at labels.  In this day and age, knowing what is going into my body is very improtant.


5. A song you'll have on repeat this summer?





Well one song will not do.  It's the whole album!  ABBA!  Need I say more? Why yes, yes I do, It's not Summer without the Beach Boys!  So these 2 play over and over all summer, and fall!
 
6. Insert your own random thought here.



My mind is full of random thoughts today so here is part of the list running through my head today - and of course it's all the same time:
- This is week 2 of a new very strong Chemo infusion.  Last week went great and this week should be the same.  
- Did I put the lawn mower away after I mowed yesterday? - why can't I remember?
- That apple muffin was good, haven't had an apple muffin in a very long time.
- Boy, poor Hubby is going to have a long day today as this infusion takes a long time and he is just sitting here all day with me.
- A year ago I was back to work for a few hours each day, this year I am no longer working and sitting here getting premeds to protect me from the drug that I will get in about an hour.
There's more, but you get the point.  My poor head!!

10 comments:

  1. The Beach Boys! Perfect summer songs! I am going to download a few asap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Beach Boys music (all of it) and it always reminds of summer. Hoping and praying all goes well with your chemo treatment. Glad you are feeling strong enough to tackle the grass this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your music is perfect! I find both groups make me want to get up ad dance! I've got so much to do to get ready for company and not much get up and go. Still recovering from the Staph Infection from last year. But, if it is the last thing I do, I will get my health back! Are you at Dartmouth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get all your stuff done for company and I’m not at Dartmouth, I have my chemo treatments at Norris Cotton Cancer Center.

      Delete
  4. I'm so happy you are feeling better and doing the lawn again! Sounds like a fun summer. I agree, it is important to read labels. If only we could turn off our random thoughts. My brain is always running.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your summer bucket list. I too would love to take in another game or two. Another trip to Arcadia is fine by me. It would have to be for a few days. One day is too short considering the drive. Summer would not be summer without the Beach Boys and ABBA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is on my list of places to go to visit Maine someday with my husband.
    Did you make the apple muffin? That sounds good.
    Praying for you today. God be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been praying for you daily, Lynn. I enjoyed the Hodgepodge today and it has been fun reading about childhood summer activities. I can't help but think we had it so much better than kids today. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think ABBA and The Beach Boys are perfect choices for summer songs. I also like your choice of Arcadia Park on the bucket list. It is so beautiful there. Now my husband would say to me about you, "wow! What a woman!" because you like the lawn work!!
    I am so sorry to read you are undergoing chemo treatments. I pray the Lord strengthens and heals you more and more each day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came THIS close to writing "ABBA" … whenever my get-up-and-go needs a shove I ask Alexa to play their greatest hits and before I know it my mood's lifted and my body's moving. (Not always a pretty sight, but there you go. LOL!)

    ReplyDelete