Wednesday, June 13, 2018

A Hodgepodge of a Hodgepodge!

From this Side of the Pond
Good Morning all!  I hope you are enjoying the beautiful day we are having and enjoying the questions Joyce has for us today.  Come join us as we answer them.

1. What happens to the mail at your house?

Most of it goes right into the trash.  It's just junk after all.  I'm tempted to send it back by marking "Return to Sender" and having the company pay for postage for both directions but I don't.  That seems to just take too much time to do that.  

2. Something you always splurge on? Any guilt associated with the splurge?

I don't splurge on much, I'm pretty simple but I do like Jiff peanut butter and that is the brand that I spend money on.  I know that there are other brands that are more healthy but I like Jiff, so I buy that.  I feel no guilt at all.  

3. There are many, but what are two important questions you think every bride and groom should ask/answer before they plan their walk down the aisle?

WOW, after being married for so long it's hard to remember what we should have talked about before  we got married but I think the conversation about children (do you both want them and how many, how far apart, who will stay home with them or are you both going to work and have a sitter or use a daycare etc) and plans about where to live (which state, near parents or not, house, apartment, condo, etc) are the questions they should talk about.  I know that is most likely more than 2 questions, but really, important  questions.  

4. What's the best advice your father ever gave you?

Swing as high as you can on the swing but make sure you can jump off safely if you need to.  

5. Your favorite movie where a father features heavily in the storyline?

3 Men and Baby.   

These 3 men who know nothing about babies learn to raise one and learn to love someone else beside themselves.  Babies don't come with directions after all do they. 
 
6. Insert your own random thought here.

I was out with some friends on Tuesday and as always we were sharing some of our past.  I discovered that I am surrounded by very strong, determined, brave women who have faced tough times or are currently facing tough times but they do it with laughter, a smile, conviction to do the right thing, and a strong belief in a God who loves them and cares for them.  I can learn a lot from my friends.  I love my friends.  I hope you all love yours.  Have a great week.  

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Lynn, it sounds like you have some great friends. Good people to spend time with! And I like the advice from your father. :-) Have a wonderful Wednesday! - Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your fathers advice! That is perfect! I am now following from Hodgepodge - you can follow back if you want at Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually if you look at a lot of the peanut butters they don't have the good fats in them like Jiff. Those fats are good for us. I just started buying it for myself. That's a great movie choice. They were all good dads. Glad you had a wonderful time with your friends. I'm having lunch with a friend today. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, nice to visit you today! I checked my comments the other day and saw I had one from you, I hadn't even noticed I quit receiving emails about comments till I read it on a blog! now I know to check for comments! haha

    I love your answer for your Dad's advice!

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're surrounded by strong and loving friends. And so glad you were able to spend time together. Have a wonderful restful weekend Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are correct that we should have planned better for marraige rather than just diving into the deep end. Your pre marriage questions are excellent. Your movie selection is excellent! You do have wonderful friends. You are a blessing to others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jiff is my brand too! And every so often I make a Fluffinutter sandwich! Marshmallow Fluff & Jiff! A marriage made in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete