Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Mow over Hodgepodge!



Thank you Joyce for the questions, here are my answers.  

1. Describe your 30's in one sentence. If you're not yet 30 tell us one thing you hope to accomplish once you hit that particular decade.

The best of times.  


2. Is it harder for you to exercise or eat healthy?

Exercise, for sure.  

3. June 7th is National VCR Day. Huh? Anyway this reminded me of something I saw on Facebook listing household items we no longer have and the VCR was on it. I couldn't put my hands on that list, but found another list here of 21 items we all had ten years ago, but which are now obsolete-

bookshelves (WHAT!!???), drip coffee makers, alarm clocks, file cabinets, desktop computers, printers, printed phone books, answering machines, fax machines, paper shredders, a Rolodex, CD racks, CD burners, china cabinets, home phones, entertainment consoles, DVD players, calculators, takeout menus, incandescent light bulbs, and cable TV

Your thoughts? How many on the list do you still have? Still use?

Bookshelves?  Yes we have lots as we have lots of books. 
Drip coffee maker?  Not any more.
Alarm Clocks? Yes we have 2 old ones in our offices to keep track of the time.  
File Cabinets?  Yes, Where else do you keep the manuals of all the things we buy. 
Desktop computers? Yes, Hubby likes the really big monitor.
Printers? Yes.
Printed phone books? Every fall the town sends us a new one, I'm always surprised to see how small it is and it covers a few towns around us.  
Answering Machine? There is one attached to our land line so yes. 
Fax machine? Our printer is a fax machine as well,  I can't figure out how to use it so yes we have one but we don't use it.  Most things can be set via email right? 
Paper Shredder? Yup, still have one and still use it.
Roledx,CD racks,CD burner, China Cabinet? Nope, none 
Home phone? Yup still have it but most people call our cell.
Entertainment consoles? No. 
DVD player, calculators? Yup, still have them.
Take out menus?  Yes but we don't use them as much as we use to.  We use on line ordering most of the times.
Incandescent light bulbs? I think we still have some in the house.
Cable?  Yup we still have it. 

4. What's something you see disappearing in the next ten years?

Keys, both car and house. It will all be some sort of scanner.

5. How did you celebrate your birthday this past year? Is that typical?

I celebrated my birthday with a beautiful card, a nice meal for both breakfast and dinner, (no cooking and no clean up) a sweet card and the day to play in the yard. No one to bug me. Our children called me to sing Happy Birthday over the phone and talk for a bit about life.  It was lovely and yes, that is the typical day for me.  I love the ease of being home and and it's quiet and I can play in the yard, in the dirt.  

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I love to mow the lawn, I love the smell of freshly cut grass, the different patterns that I can put in the lawn, the peace of no one interupting me for something.  For the past few  years, I've not been able to mow and so Hubby has been doing it.  He doesn't like to mow but did it for me every month without grumbling for a few years.  He loves me.  I tried to mow a few weeks ago but the pull cord was too hard for me to pull and the mower was a bit too heavy to push. 
Imagine my joy when Hubby got me a new electric mower!!  I love my little green machine.  It starts with a push of a buton, it pushes easily, has 5 different heights to pick from and is a lot more quiet than the gas model.  I can get out to mow at 6 am if I want and not disturb the neighbors. 
I am such a happy girl! I can walk and mow and pray again.   Have a nice week everyone. 


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're able to mow the lawn again. It's the little things, isn't it? I like to mow, but so does hubs so he gets that job. Sometimes too much mown grass blowing makes my eyes act up, so probably best he does it. I love the smell of freshly mown grass! Enjoy your day and happy mowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet husband to get you a mower that you can use. So glad you are able to do what you enjoy. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the best of times!! Exercise is hard for me but I push myself to do something each day. I never did have a rolodex but I have just about everything else and I'm not letting go anytime soon. How exciting about your new lawnmower. I use to do the lawn but had to stop years ago. Now we have it done. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Idaho. We still have our drip coffee. But I do like perk coffee. If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just bought a new mower and I insisted on a self propelled so I can use it! I also enjoy doing the lawn! Must be a New Hampshire girl thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard quite a bit about those electric mowers. My husband just got a Deere last year so he's pretty happy! :)

    ReplyDelete