Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Official Start of Summer is Here Hodgepodge.



These questions always make me think which is something that really takes time.  Thank you Joyce. 


1. The last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given 'the royal treatment'?



This is easy.  Last Sunday Hubby brought home flowers for me.  I'd been grounded for a week and couldn't go to worship.  I love going to worship, and singing with all my "brothers and sisters." The sound is so beautiful.  The sermon is always so meaningful.  I was pretty sad about being stuck in the house with no one but the Littles to hang with.  The flowers really picked me up.

2. The last task you completed that was a 'royal pain'?

WOW this one is hard because there is really nothing that I can think of that is a real 'royal pain' to do.  I guess paying bills.  It's a necessary evil I guess. 

3. How have your strengths helped you succeed? How have your faults hindered you?

Living with cancer can really create times of depression, but I refuse to go there. I keep looking for the things that I can still do and really try to not think about the things that I can no longer do.  

As for my faults, I tend to go to the dark side of things fast.  Example: I have a doctor's appointment Friday with one of my oncologists and my mind wants to think "Oh No! We're out of options and he is going to tell me that I'm out of time?"  See...the dark side!  I really have to yell at myself and say "NO! He's going to me tell me what the new plan is and that it will all be OK.  That I'm strong enough to tackle this."  

4. If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?

Well it sure wouldn't be 'fast forward'!  Time goes by too fast as it is. I'm sure not going to help it along.  I think I would like to rewind and relive some of the great times we had when our kids were little but I wonder if I would still make the same mistakes.  Maybe I'd just toss the remote because I'm not sure you can relive the past without changing it which would change the present. I like the present. 



5. Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering people who died in service to their country)? Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Does your town do anything special to mark the day?

 We will most likely lay low.  Nothing special although I would like to go the beach and walk around if the weather is nice.  I've not been to Arlington National Cemetery but it's on my bucket list.  Our town does have a cute parade which is always fun.  Of course there will be tv movies about WWII that we will most likely watch and remember.  My dad was not in the military but my Father-In-Law was. So we will watch and thank all of the military for their sacrifice. 


6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Well my white count came up so thank you all for the many prayers.  I still can't start Chemo however, because in the 3 weeks we waited for the white count to grow, the cancer grew very fast.  So on Friday, we see my oncologist to create a new plan.  Not sure what that plan will be, but we'll talk.  
There is a shingles vaccine that is a dead vaccine and one that my primary care doctor said I can have.  So we are going to talk about that with our oncologist and see if I can get it.  It will mean that I can stop taking the pill that I now take 2x a day to prevent getting the shingles!  That is huge!  I can now stop taking the drug to lower my cholesterol as it is down.  I love not having to take so many drugs.

Happy Memorial Day to you all and Thank you to all those who have served in the past and continue to serve today.  

5 comments:

  1. About the time thing. Have you seen the movie "About Time"? It is a cute, funny movie about a young man who can time travel. Anyway, it raises a lot of questions. I decided that I would keep the remote, and tuck it away until I was rather old and then take day trips into the past. The past is the past. I would never change it because then all that I have now in the present would be changed. Would I change and not have my two grandchildren? No, they are my life and my joy! But a visit to a specific day and time, to just enjoy again would be nice.
    Don't give up on yourself. Last year there were several times I thought I would not make it. And here I am. Not quite as strong as I was before, but I am here and I thank God every day. Hugs and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful to hear of the improvements you have had and praying that the new plan will work wonders. My doctor's nurse just mentioned that shingles shot to me to. I'll be asking my oncologist about it at my next visit.

    Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a little out of the loop. I still get the notifications when you update the Caring Bridge, but I cannot remember the pw. Any chance you could email it to me as I like to keep up with you there? I hope there's an excellent new plan in the works for you. And I hope you get that walk on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got the shingles vaccine a few years ago and was happy about it. Joe had the shingles and it was horrible for him. Hope your doctor gives you the go-ahead! I also hope your oncologist has a new plan for you that will lead to remission. Keeping you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your isolation has been removed. It is never easy to stay completely positive when your are going through health issues. I know you have a lot of people praying for you along with me. Hope you get a chance to walk around the beach. That always lifts our spirits. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete