Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A SMALL STEP BACKWARD HODGEPODGE





Thank you Joyce for the questions this week.  These are a challenge for me!  


1. What would you sais your biggest day to day challenge?

WOW! This first question really hit me hard.  I would have to say that my biggest challenge is finding "Normal".  There is not really a normal anymore when you live with cancer.  Everything and anything can become hard.  I feel as if I live in a bubble that will pop at any time and I will end up back in the hospital.  Push too hard, do too much, visit too many and I'm stuck in the house with some minor bug or too tired to continue with my chemo.  Not sure what is normal anymore.  


2. May 16th is National Biographers Day. What's a biography you really enjoyed reading? Is this a genre you read regularly?

This is not something that I read regularly so I had to really think about this.  I think it was the Diary of Ann Frank.  Hearing her side of life and knowing the ending was interesting.  

3. How important is keeping a clean house? Do you need to de-clutter your life?

I love a clean house.  Now, not the hospital clean mind you, but the kind that says come on in and kick your shoes off, relax, here is a glass of iced tea.  Since there are only 2 of us here most of the time, it's pretty easy to keep things tidy.  Hubby helps a lot and often finishes what I start when I run out of steam. Examples?  He will do the dishes when I cook.  He will bring up the laundry from the laundry room when I run out of steam and put them away.  He will cook if I can't -good thing I married a man who knows how to cook. As for de-cluttering my life, my life is not cluttered at the moment, it's pretty simple, which I love.  

4. You're the 8th dwarf. What's your name?

Grateful. I have a God who loves me and died for me.   I have a hubby who loves me and takes care of me.  I have friends who love me and pray for me.  I have grandchildren who make me smile and laugh.  I just learned that our oldest grandson is content with his life and wants nothing for his birthday.  If only we all could learn to be content with what we have.  What a great boy he is!!

5. What's surprised you the most about your life or life in general?


How time flies!  Really, you blink and your kids are grown and gone living great lives and being productive members of society.  You look at your husband and realize that soon your 46th wedding anniversary will be in a few months and wonder "when on earth did that happen?"



6. Insert your own random thought here.

Well last week I told you that I needed to grow white cells and so I was grounded.  I'm still grounded, as I didn't grow them, in fact my numbers went in the wrong direction.  My white count went down even more, not up.  I'm stuck home and grounded again.  Can't go out in public at all.  Stuck at home.  We'll try again on Monday.  See, Frustration is my name right now.  

8 comments:

  1. Praying your white blood cells will grow. I agree, life is going very fast. Grateful is a good way to be. I have so many things to be grateful for too. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to pray for you Lynn!! I enjoyed reading your HP answers and agree with you about a house that begs you to come in and kick your shoes off and make yourself at home. The best! Your answer to #1 makes my heart hurt for you. I want you to have a normal again - even though we don't really know each other. Cancer sucks. But I'm a survivor too. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son had a brain tumor although the term they use was abnormal cells and I seem to speak of him in past tense. It been one year since his tumor been remove and no sign of it. he change his entire life style.
    I'm thankful all the wonderful things they can do with our health care.
    If you have time stop in for a cup of coffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great answer for #4! I enjoyed your answers and will say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would agree with your book choice. I love your dwarf name. I pretty much feel like you do about question #5 and how times flies. Praying that your numbers go up. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. My beloved SWMBO, living with me has been anything but normal. Add cancer to that and your chances of finding normal are not too promising. Whatever happens, I will be by your side for as long as God gives me strength and breath in my body. You are a most remarkable woman! I am blessed beyond words that you are mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be praying for you too. I found you on another blog and you mentioned you were from New Hampshire. Me too! Let the beauty of our Spring in this lovely State give you strength and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your white cell count! I will keep you in my prayers tonight.

    ReplyDelete