Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Summertime and the livin' is easy!!


It looks like we, here in the upper right hand corner of the USA, have skipped Spring and have jumped right into Summer.  Our nights are in the 30's and our days are in the high 70's- low 80's!  Oh my!  There is green everywhere and I for one am loving it!  But I must stop what I'm doing and join Joyce in the Hodgepodge this week.  


1. What are your ingredients for a perfect Saturday?

Sleeping in late (for me that would be 7am) then out to brunch with Hubby. Perfect weather to play in the yard and then out to a lake or some body of water with Hubby and  the Littles (the dogs) so that we can sit by the water and the Littles can walk around in the water. Then an easy dinner and then relax the night away.  
2. What skill do you wish more people took the time to learn?
Oh please, learn how to invest your money for the future. Learn life skills like how to sew on a button, or cook a simple meal, balance a check book, and say Please and Thank You!!

3. What's something you ate as a child you can't stand now as an adult?
New England Boiled Dinner! We had this pressure cooked meal in the fall and winter and it may have been easy to prepare, but I really hated it!  I swore to myself that once I was out of the house I would never again make or eat this meal.  I've not had it in almost 46 years since Hubby also dosen't care for it.  


4. Something parenting has taught you? If you're not a parent tell us one important lesson you learned from your own parents.
Just because your children have your genes, they do not necessarily have your personality.  They are truly their own person and you need to let them be themselves!  Don't try to make them into a mini verson of you.  Enjoy the person who God is turning them into.  You will be surprised, pleased, honored, and blessed at the people they become.  

5. Share a favorite quote or saying about mothers or motherhood.
"Every wise woman builds her household, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands."  Proverbs 14:1  We have so much more power than we realize we have.  This quote is for woman in general, not just those who have children.  I love that. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

As I said above, we have jumped right into Summer so I've been spliting my time between gardening, refinishing our dining room chairs and resting.  I love to garden and I love to refinish wood furniture, but my white cell count was too low this week to begin another chemo cycle, so I have to rest and grow more white cells so that when I have another blood test on Monday I'll have enough white cells to begin another cycle which of course kills my white cells.  What a  strange state of affairs this is! 

So on any given day you will find me Here:

Working on the plants behind the sitting area...
...or the flower boxes...
...or in the containers we have.

Or Here:


The chairs are becoming a nice dark red color.


Or even Here:


Resting/growing white blood cells!










6 comments:

  1. I'm in Texas and it has already started warming up here too. We get in the van and Titus tells me "it's warm in here."

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red color. So very pretty. Praying you'll grow lots of white blood cells.

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all the red! That couch looks so comfy and I'm praying you grow lots of white blood cells as you rest there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could get Mark to go out to breakfast. Maybe after he retires I can convince him to do that! I wish someone would have taught me how to save for the future. There needs to be a class on that. You have been working really hard, way to go! Happy Mother's Day to you.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many of us answered sleeping in on Saturdays! Your answer to #2 is a smart one! Most of us answered manners (in one way or another). Wishing you a happy Mother's Day and I also am praying for you and those white blood cells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you feel well enough to engage in those activities that you have been unable to engage in for so long. I'm not sure I agree with your answer to #4. Our children seem to have inherited bits and pieces of each of our personalities. In any event, nice blog post. I am so in love with you, just so you know.

    ReplyDelete