Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Project Hodgepodge!




Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge. It finally feels like spring up her in the upper right hand corner of the USA and it may feel like summer by the end of the day.  Thank you Joyce for the questions.


1. April showers bring May flowers or so the saying goes. Is there a flower you associate with a particular memory? Explain.


I love Lillies and have planted them in just about every house we have lived in. They start to pop up out of the ground while there is still snow on it and it reminds me that Spring is coming after such a long cold snowy winter and that life does does begin anew.  It makes my spirit glad to see life coming  from such cold and bleakness.


2. Last time you helped someone? Tell us how.
Hubby and I went to a few stores yesterday and so I helped him with putting things into the shopping cart.  That counts right?  These stores were new to us so navigation around the store involved a lot of walking since we would inevitably in the wrong part of the store for what we were looking for. It made for a fun morning of laughing and having fun while we shopped. 

3. It's National Salsa Month (the food, not the dance) so tell us, do you like salsa? Hot, medium, or mild? Homemade, store bought, or from your favorite restaurant only?
No, I'm not a huge fan of Salsa. I guess that is something that I never learned to enjoy in those years when we lived in the southwest. 


4. When I was twelve years old...

I was in the 7th grade at a Catholic grammar school (yes they were called grammar schools back then and not elementary schools)  I didn't like the school.  I rode my bike to and from school as we didn't have a school bus.  We lived 2.5 miles from the school so walking was out of the question. In the winter, when it was too hard to ride my bike the local city bus driver would pick me up at the bus stop and get me as close to school as he could without leaving his designated route.  He didn't charge me as I think he took pity on me. I was tall and skinny which made me the butt of many jokes.  7th grade is a hard time of life for a girl anyways so I think a lot of us feel that we were awkward and trying to find where we belonged in life.  


5. It's the first of May so let's run with it-first things first, don't know the first thing about it, first dibs on something, first impression, first rate, first cousin, first string, first come first served, at first light-which phrase can best be applied to something in your life currently or even recently?
I'm such morning person that At first light suits me perfectly.  I wake up when the sun comes up and I jump out of bed and get going on projects all over the house.  I sleep like a log and so I'm up and ready at 5:30 easily   Don't ask me my name at sun down however because I will be sound asleep on the couch with my bifocals on my face.  I run out of gas and come to a crashing halt fast!!


6. Insert your own random thought here.

I have a new project that I'm working on.  It's these dinning room chairs.  After looking at them for 42 years in dark mahogany stain it's time to freshen them up.  They are all (6 of them) becoming this dark red that I love to bits. Some of the chairs need to be fixed but then they are all getting a coat (or maybe 2) of this wonderful barn red that will just make them pop.  Still deciding what to do with the table but I'll keep you posted.  







6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, the moment above that you made was actually made by me. I forgot that I was on your blog. What I wrote was I could never understand how you can be so annoyingly cheerful when you wake up in the mornings ready to attack your day. I do love that about you and am amazed at how opposite we are in that regard. I love shopping with you because it is always an adventure. The bigger the store the greater the adventure. I love living life with you! I liked your answers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chair looks fabulous!! Take a pic of the table when they are finished. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the red chair! Can't wait to seem them around your table! Do keep us posted, please! Joyce gave us a fun and interesting Hodgepodge this week! Twelve years old was a tough year for most of us, I think. These days they call it the tween years but puberty is still just plain awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the chairs in red! That looks fabulous! I'm an early riser as well, but don't ask me to think too deeply after suppertime : ) Enjoy your week and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lilies are so pretty. I look forward to seeing them around Easter time. That was nice of the bus driver. That was a long bike ride for you. I lived a block away so I walked to grade school. The chair looks great....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete