Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Spring has Sprung Hodgepodge

I'm joining Joyce again for this weeks Hodgepodge questions.  She comes up with them, we answer them.  Can't get much easier than that!

1. They say you learn something new every day. What did you learn yesterday?
I learned that Hubby had a fun childhood. I always knew that but hearing some of the places he played as a child was fun.  Even after 45 years, I'm still leaning things about him.

2. Have you ever had a now or never moment? Elaborate.
Sometimes on Facebook I'll see an amusement park ride with the caption "Would you?"  It usually involves a whole lot  of elevation and some spinning, twirling, falling sort of contraption that you are locked into.  There is no way I'm doing that!! So that is a definite NEVER moment.  But traveling, or time spent with the grands is a NOW moment.  

3.  April 25th is National Telephone Day. Do you still have a land line or have you gone mobile only? When you receive a text message do you respond immediately? Last time you turned your phone off?  In two or three sentences share with us a story/memory/incident from your childhood (or something current if that's too hard) where the telephone is featured.

We have a land line but rarely use it. Mostly we use it for the caller ID function.  If we don't know the caller, we don't answer the phone.  I'm so sick of the robo calls.  I guess the Do Not Call function that we signed up for does absolutely nothing.
I don't always respond to a text message right away, it depends on the text.  Some are about what the other person did for supper or what their dog is wearing that is cute or funny.  Those types of text can wait.  My phone goes off every night and when I'm at church.  It only rings if someone on the VIP (very important person) list calls me.  Everyone else goes to voice mail till I'm awake.
Growing up we had a "Party line" where 3 of us were on the same line and you could listen in to others if you were so inclined. If you needed the phone for an emergency you needed to first get the others off the phone and then you could call for the emergency.


4. Close call, at someone's beck and call, call the shots, call a meeting, call it quits, call in sick, call on the carpet, wake up call...which call have you 'heard' recently? Explain.
Call it quits fits me this week.  I quit trying to gain weight -yes I'm one of those who is underweight - don't hate me, it really is an issue. I quit running around trying to get so much done in one day. I quit getting the yard raked and ready for spring in one week.  I just plain quit.

5. What subject do you wish you'd paid more attention to in school?

Math.  Especially the type of math used to figure out long term finances.  Do we have enough to live on, how do we get more, how can we invest better - that sort of thing.  It would have been much easier to learn those skills then, it's harder when we get older (well for me at least)

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Spring has finally shown up in the Northeast.  I'm so happy to sit outside and watch the traffic go by with a nice cup of tea and have the sun shine on me.  The yard will still be there tomorrow to work on.

7 comments:

  1. Sitting and watching the world sounds great! I think we finally have gotten our pool ready (we live in Florida) so I cannot wait to just sit and/or float!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the party line thing too. Sometimes it could be rather funny to listen, but you had to be sure not to laugh out loud. lol

    It's warming up here some too. Now if the rain would stop for a couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello from Idaho and this is my first time doing Hodge Podge...I know I will play again. But it sure look like spring is here also. My hubby is routilling in garden.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is here but still a bit fussy. I think it's just one of those years. Lots of party lines mentioned in the HP today. I never experienced that, but we obviously were more patient back in the day. Can you imagine that today??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynn, there is always tomorrow for yard work! I remember when we had a party line too. Lots of fun - ha ha. Joyce gave us another good Hodgepodge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your answer for #1 is so sweet. Enjoy your Spring weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, Listen to Terri D. above. Second, I think you are correct with your view that we lowered our respect for life when abortion became available on demand.
    Thank you for being my life partner. You amaze me almost every day that we're together. Nice Hodgepodge my love.

    ReplyDelete