1. April is National Jazz Appreciation Month. Are you a fan? If so what's a favorite you'd recommend to someone new to jazz listening?
I'm not a fan of Jazz at all. Country and Easy Listening are my favorite genres.
2.Mandolin, ukulele, harp, accordion or banjo...which would you be most interested in learning to play? Or do you already play one of the instruments listed?
I don't play an instrument and I'm not able to read music so I am disappointed that Triangle is not on the list as that may be something I could play.
3. Do you judge a book by it's cover? Elaborate. You may answer in either/both the literal or figurative sense of the word.
Do you mean a real book then yes I judge a book by it's cover. If you mean judging a person, then I probably dob but I don't mean too. I look at people's hair. After going so long without any. I look at people's hair and decide if it fits their face or if I would look good in that style. I notice if it's clean or over sprayed, too short or too long, and so forth.
4. According to a recent study the ten most nutritious foods are-almonds, cherimoya (supposed to taste like a cross between a pineapple/banana), ocean perch, flatfish (such as flounder and halibut), chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, swiss chard, pork fat (shocking! but I don't think they mean bacon), beet greens, and red snapper. Are any of these foods a regular part of your diet? Any you've never ever tasted? Which would you be most inclined to add to your diet?
I love fish but only have it when we go out to eat. My poor Hubby is allergic to fish so I don't cook it at home. Pork fat is an odd thing for sure!
5. Besides a major holiday what is the most recent thing you've celebrated with your people? Tell us how.
We celebrated my birthday with a great day to play (or as Hubby calles it work) in the yard, getting to eat out -twice!!, a beautiful purple card - my favorite color and lots of being made to feel special.
6. Insert your own randomness here
Mother nature and I have had a talk lately. We wake up to the pellet stove on, and fresh snow on the deck. It's SPRING! or at least it is suppose to be. So we had a talk. I let her know that just because she overslept and didn't show up in November and most of December she could not hang on in April! She must head out of Dodge, as it were.
Today in the mail I got this.
It's the Breck's spring/summer seeds & flowers catalog! Guess she heard me and this is her way of apologizing. I'll take it!