Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Summer Hodgepodge.



From this Side of the Pond

Thank you Joyce for these questions,  I needed a reason to blog. 

1. What has been the highlight of your summer so far? (It's still summer people!)
Spending time with Hubby always makes me smile, going to the beach was certainly the highlight for me.  It was not very busy and the day was beautiful.  

2. What do you wish you'd done more of this summer? Less of?
I wish I had blogged more.  I didn't think people would want to know all about doctor's appointments or treatment updates which was most of the summer so I didn't blog about it.  What I wish I had done less of?  Have so many doctor's appointments and treatments. 

3. Something you're looking forward to on your September calendar?
We got the Ok to travel for the first time in over 3 years, so we are hoping to do just that.  Friday we are going on a whale watch which is not so much traveling as it is "getting out of the house" But I hope we get to go to Canada at some point this year.  

4. Best/favorite book you've read this summer?
A Touch of Deceit by Gary Ponzo.  I like mysteries and this was fun to read.

5. Share something positive, encouraging, or uplifting here.
Hubby and I are enjoying the start of school.  We don't have kids in schools but now that school is back in session, the lines are shorter, there are no overtired children in restaurants and we can travel!  We are looking forwarded to some day trips and some away trips.  That's so exciting for us, to get away and not worry about where the nearest hospital is or if the doctors there know about the meds I'm on and what to do in case of an emergency.  

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Summer may be unofficially over but the weather is still very warm (ok, some call it hot as in it's high 80's-low 90's)! I love it.  I hope it continues for a few more months before it gets cold because up here, it's cold for a long time!!!  




6 comments:

  1. A whale watcg? Now THAT sounds like a thrill, for sure! I'm so happy your doctor's giving you a thumb's up, Lynn Marie … enjoy every moment! (… and share some pix of your excursion when you can?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Nice to visit you. I hope you get to go whale watch. That sounds like something I'd enjoy doing with my husband.

    I've noticed the shorter lines too with school started back here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to read that you are cleared for take-off!! You will have lots to blog about with your coming travel plans and I'm looking forward to reading all about your trips!! God bless (and you remain in my daily prayers!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the whale watching! I hope you get to make it up to Canada also! I loved it when I worked there a few months! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got to go to the beach. That could have been my answer for #2. Hope the whale watch was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I clicked publish before I was done :) We are still very warm too. A very hot summer for Southern California this year. We are going to be 101 degrees today.

    ReplyDelete