Friday, September 21, 2018

The Times They Are A Changing




I mean the weather up here.  It's 87 one day and the next it's 66!  Sunshine followed by rain.  After seeing so much damage over the past few weeks, it's a nice change.

My heart goes out to all those in the Carolinas who suffered so much with Hurricane Florence. I have two friends who I kept in contact with to make sure that they were ok.  They were both far from the coast but loss of power and high winds with rain still made a few scary days.  Luckily they and their family are all ok. I hope that any of my readers are also ok from this storm.

In Massachusetts, there was an underground build up of gas and a explosion happened, killing 1 and damaging 60+ homes.  Power is back on but no gas for those remaining homes  still standing and surrounding areas.  Peoples have been displaced from their homes as well.

Here in NH we are just starting fall clean up.  We put away summer and embrace fall and dread the onslaught of winter.  I love the colors of fall.  I love the burnt oranges, and dark yellows.  I love the smell of fires burning and ovens on cooking a roasting chicken or a roast.  I love sweat pants and sweaters.  I don't like the cold temps and frozen feet.  I don't like cold hands and snow up to my knees.  I don't like driving on snow covered roads and feeling like I'm trapped in the house for the next 5 months.

Do you get ready for the fall/winter season?  Do you have a list of what you do?  Do you and your "other half" each take part of the list or do you do it all?  Do you have pets? Do you get them ready for the seasonal change as well?

Over the next few posts, I'll tell you our routine and if you feel like sharing, you can tell me  your routine.  This should be fun.


2 comments:

  1. Lynn, you should just come one down and join all the other snowbirds here in Florida! You would love Lakeland! Since I am in Florida, fall colors and fireplaces burning logs are all lost on me. We still have temps in the 90s. I'm from Ohio, so know about snow up to your knees. I hope to never see it in person again! We have been in Florida 29 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that drastic weather change from several people in other areas. It is really sad what happened and my prayers are with everyone. I can't imagine. No special routine here in Southern California for change of season.

    ReplyDelete